The church was built in 1568 by the Ducal Confraternity of the Holy Sacrament in an ex-site of a salt-mine.
During the centuries the church was altered many times, especially during the 18th century. It is worth mentioning two Baroque-style valuable wooden statues which represent San Bartolomeo and San Giacomo and some decorations inspired by Bibiena in the apse.
This small church preserved its original appereance, restored by a recent restoration.
Stay updated on the news of Salsomaggiore and Tabiano Terme.