Built in memory of former employees of the Municipal Council of Salsomaggiore Terme who fell in the 1st World War. The monument, designed in 1912 by the architect Orsino Broggi and inaugurated in 1914, is situated on the left hand side of the entrance portico of the Warowland Gallery. The architectural shrine in Breccia di Verona stone, with the two white plaques inserted in faux niches with pointed arches, bears the names of the fallen soldiers plus a sculpture depicting the figure of “Justice”. The Latin wording urges the reader to keep the flame burning, while the traditional symbols commemorating the fallen in the Great War (a helmet, sword and laurel branches) are displayed at the top, below the commemorative message.
Stay updated on the news of Salsomaggiore and Tabiano Terme.