Commissioned and donated to the town of Salsomaggiore Terme by Aurelio Berardinelli in 1910, the monumental steps, which create a perspective vanishing point at the end of Viale Romagnosi, are located near the Conference Centre and the monument opposite dedicated to Gian Domenico Romagnosi.
The grand architectural perspective naturally draws the eye towards the view of Villa Berardinelli, the historical Art Nouveau building which in 1911 briefly housed Salsomaggiore Terme’s Kursaal Casino. The steps were built to connect Viale Romagnosi with this prestigious building, the intention being to enhance both with a pleasing use of perspective. The Berardinelli Steps are light in colour, with granite and cement chip fixtures and decorative elements, against a backdrop of side paths, trees, hedges and flower beds.
Stay updated on the news of Salsomaggiore and Tabiano Terme.