The parish church of San Giovanni Battista (St.John the Baptist), also called Contignaco parish church, is a catholic church of Romanesque design, located in the tiny hamlet of Contignaco. It is believed that the original church was built in the Romanesque style in the 12th century. Fortified in 1330 to withstand the attacks that targeted above all the castle, the church was restored in 1391 by Iohannes de Saselinis. Between 1781 and 1789 the parish church was completely transformed to reflect the Baroque style. It stands 5 km from the centre of Salsomaggiore, and can be reached via the provincial road in the direction of Pellegrino.
Stay updated on the news of Salsomaggiore and Tabiano Terme.