Gastronomy is the common element which links all the touristic excellences of the province of Parma. Parma stands for the capital of food and fine dining so much to earn the label of europen “Food Valley”, thanks to its international renowned products. In 2003 Parma was choosen as the seat of E.F.S.A., the Food Safety European Authority.
The gastronomic journey to the discovery of the local typical products of the italian Food Valley is particularly suitable for those who search the taste of places where the tradition has deep roots and where the hospitality is both genuine and charmant. Due to these reasons Forbes magazine chose Emilia Romagna as the place with the better food in the world.
TASTE THE LOCAL FLAVOURS
Wines from the Salsomaggiore hills – Production and tasting
- Azienda Agricola Contignaco – Locality of Contignaco Castello 125, Salsomaggiore Terme ph. +39 0524 573257 web castellodicontignaco.it
- Tenuta Il Poggiolo – Località Cangelasio, 199 , Salsomaggiore Terme – Winery open for tasting and visits ph. +39 0524 574200 web tenutailpoggiolo.it
Liqueur factory – Craft production
- Liquorificio Osvaldo Colombo since 1905 – Via Parma, Salsomaggiore ph. +39 0524 573109. The specialty of the factory is the liqueur “Camomillina”: an elisir obtained for infusion of the Matricaria Camomilla flower. It can be tasted warm or smooth and is a good digestive and relaxant liqueur.
DE.C.O. Products – Our traditional foods
De.C.O. products are some selected and local products, signed in a special register which have obtained the certification mark “Denominazione Comunale di Origine” Read more
Honey – Natural taste from the Salsomaggiore hills
- Beekeeper “Casa Pietra” by Aldo Cella – Località San Vittore, 31 , Salsomaggiore Terme ph. +39 340 539921
- I Mieli del Ducato Strada Grotta, 4 – Pellegrino Parmense – Esmeralda cell. +39 328 4698430 – Natural, handicraft and high quality honey. The hives are placed in the greenery of the parmesan hills. The honey after being extracted from the comb is treated respecting all the hygienic sanitary rules – web ww.mielidelducato.com
Our Pasta and Leavened products
- Deep-dish Pizza – Pizzeria Incontro – viale Berenini, 6/A – Salsomaggiore T. ph. +39 0524 574479 web pizzeriaincontro.it
- Deep-dish Pizza – Pizzeria La Porchetta, viale Romagnosi 5/M, Salsomaggiore T. ph. +39 0524 574111 web ristorantelaporchetta.it
- Sweet Focaccia and Amaretti – Pasticceria Tosi. Lungoparco Mazzini, 5 Salsomaggiore T. ph. +39 0524 577066 web pasticceriatosi.it
- Sweet Focaccia Tabiano Bakery – Viale Alle Fonti, 7/B Tabiano ph. +39 0524 565233 web pasticceriatabiano.it
… and much more!